SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
- DON'T PANIC!
- You can use your login credentials from last year! You may log in with infinite magesty and calm.
- This year's competition imposes a 6 entries per participant limit. Everybody has their moment of great opportunity in life. If you happen to miss the one you care about, then everything else becomes eerily easy.
- All entries must have BJCP category and sub-category information entered. Entries will be judged in the category entered. Any entered in the incorrect categories will not be reassigned. It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
- It is the at the discretion of the judges, upon consultation with the Head Judge or Competition Organizer, to disqualify any entry that is deemed to be unsafe for complete analysis due to perceived infection or contamination. Judge sheets will be noted and returned. No refunds will be provided. Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
- The competition organizers intend to post competition results within 72 hours of the completion of the competition on the Web at https://www.unyha.com/comp Score sheets will be emailed to entrants and judge point information sent to the BJCP within two weeks of the competition. "Life, the Universe, and Everything. There is an answer. But, I'll have to think about it."Fook glanced impatiently at his watch.“How long?” he said. “Seven and a half million years,” said Deep Thought.
- All entries become the property of the Upstate New York Homebrewers Association. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry for failure to comply with these rules. Disqualified entries may be evaluated but will not be eligible for awards or prizes. No entries or fees will be returned. The decision of the judges is final. Obviously somebody had been appallingly incompetent and he hoped to God it wasn't him.
- All proceeds of the competition will be used to defray competition expenses. 100% of donations solicited from commercial brewers, distributors, good beer bars, and homebrew-related businesses and manufacturers are given out as prizes for winning at the competition, and as gifts to the support team of judges, stewards, and organizers. Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
- Please fill out the online entry forms completely. Be meticulous about noting any special ingredients that must be specified per the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines. Failure to note such ingredients may impact the judges' scoring of your entry. Again, DON'T PANIC.
- All entry fees must be paid in full at or before the time the entry is shipped or dropped off. ...Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.
- Multiple entries per category are permitted. Multiple entries per sub-category are not permitted. Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?
- Currently, the online entry software is being used to collect your entry information, collect your payment, and print the entry forms and bottle tags for your entries. The information you have entered and saved by the entry deadline is the information we will use to judge your entries. Changes made after the entry deadline may not be applied to your entries for judging. Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
BJCP 2015 Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Click or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|1A American Light Lager||1B American Lager||1C Cream Ale|
|1D American Wheat Beer||2A International Pale Lager||2B International Amber Lager|
|2C International Dark Lager||3A Czech Pale Lager||3B Czech Premium Pale Lager|
|3C Czech Amber Lager||3D Czech Dark Lager||4A Munich Helles|
|4B Festbier||4C Helles Bock||5A German Leichtbier|
|5B Kolsch||5C German Exportbier||5D German Pils|
|6A Marzen||6B Rauchbier||6C Dunkels Bock|
|7A Vienna Lager||7B Altbier||7C Kellerbier|
|8A Munich Dunkel||8B Schwarzbier||9A Doppelbock|
|9B Eisbock||9C Baltic Porter||10A Weissbier|
|10B Dunkels Weissbier||10C Weizenbock||11A Ordinary Bitter|
|11B Best Bitter||11C Strong Bitter||12A English Golden Ale|
|12B Australian Sparkling Ale||12C English IPA||13A Dark Mild|
|13B English Brown Ale||13C English Porter||14A Scottish Light|
|14B Scottish Heavy||14C Scottish Export||15A Irish Red Ale|
|15B Irish Stout||15C Irish Extra Stout||16A Sweet Stout|
|16B Oatmeal Stout||16C Tropical Stout||16D Foreign Extra Stout|
|17A British Strong Ale||17A1 Burton Ale||17B Old Ale|
|17C Wee Heavy||17D English Barleywine||18A Blonde Ale|
|18B American Pale Ale||19A American Amber Ale||19B California Common|
|19C American Brown Ale||20A American Porter||20B American Stout|
|20C Imperial Stout||21A American IPA||21B Specialty IPA|
|21B1 Belgian IPA||21B2 Black IPA||21B3 Brown IPA|
|21B4 Red IPA||21B5 Rye IPA||21B6 White IPA|
|21B7 New England IPA||22A Double IPA||22B American Strong Ale|
|22C American Barleywine||22D Wheatwine||23A Berliner Weisse|
|23B Flanders Red Ale||23C Oud Bruin||23D Lambic|
|23E Gueuze||23F Fruit Lambic||24A Witbier|
|24B Belgian Pale Ale||24C Biere de Garde||25A Belgian Blond Ale|
|25B Saison||25C Belgian Golden Strong Ale||26A Trappist Single|
|26B Belgian Dubbel||26C Belgian Tripel||26D Belgian Dark Strong Ale|
|27A Historical Beer||27A1 Gose||27A2 Piwo Grodziskie|
|27A3 Lichtenhainer||27A4 Roggenbier||27A5 Sahti|
|27A6 Kentucky Common||27A7 Pre-Prohibition Lager||27A8 Pre-Prohibition Porter|
|27A9 London Brown Ale||28A Brett Beer||28B Mixed Fermentation Sour Beer|
|28C Wild Specialty Beer||29A Fruit Beer||29B Fruit and Spice Beer|
|29C Speciality Fruit Beer||30A Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer||30B Autumn Seasonal Beer|
|30C Winter Seasonal Beer||31A Alternative Grain Beer||31B Alternative Sugar Beer|
|32A Classic Style Smoked Beer||32B Specialty Smoked Beer||33A Wood-Aged Beer|
|33B Specialty Wood-Aged Beer||34A Clone Beer||34B Mixed-Style Beer|
|34C Experimental Beer||35A Brut IPA (Custom Style)||C1A New World Cider|
|C1B English Cider||C1C French Cider||C1D New World Perry|
|C1E Traditional Perry||C2A New England Cider||C2B Cider with Other Fruit|
|C2C Applewine||C2D Ice Cider||C2E Cider with Herbs/Spices|
|C2F Specialty Cider/Perry||M1A Dry Mead||M1B Semi-Sweet Mead|
|M1C Sweet Mead||M2A Cyser||M2B Pyment|
|M2C Berry Mead||M2D Stone Fruit Mead||M2E Melomel|
|M3A Fruit and Spice Mead||M3B Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Mead||M4A Braggot|
|M4B Historical Mead||M4C Experimental Mead||PRX1 Dorada Pampeana|
|PRX2 IPA Argenta||PRX3 Italian Grape Ale||PRX4 Catharina Sour|
|PRX5 New Zealand Pilsner|
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 2
Judging Session Locations and Dates
- The awards ceremony will take place at the May UNYHA meeting
- 12 May 2020, 7:30PM
- Swiftwater Brewing Company
- Places will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category/table.
- The 1st place entry in each category will advance to the Best of Show (BOS) round with a single, overall Best of Show beer selected.